Hello fearless Tumblr app developers!
Today we’re pushing a few changes to our Application Developer and API License Agreement that we wanted to make you aware of. These changes likely won’t impact the majority of you.
- We made a few cosmetic edits to soften and clarify language in the agreement.
- We modified the terms to apply to those developers building applications using our data firehose. This is mainly a mechanical change to the document.
- We added restrictions against modifying the order of content that we send you, and clarified that anything we insert (like sponsored content!) shouldn’t be removed.
- We clarified our previous restriction on public re-display.
- Location should reflect real, mappable geography.
- We clarified our policy on collection of private information, emphasizing the need for user notice and consent when appropriate.